Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Wedding Prep at the House

As you know, we are gearing up for the wedding of Bear's sister... which is taking place at our house... in 18 days!  AAAAHHHH!

Anyway, I am putting together a coloring book from photos I took of Tori and Doug for their engagement.  I planned on using Photoshop... and then the PC my Photoshop was installed on died.  So I had to think outside the box.  Thank goodness for Picasa and the link to Picnik.  Lame?  I think not.  It did the job!  I also made a cute word search online pertaining to the couple and their wedding specifics, like the wedding colors and party.

I am also going to be working on the slideshow for the wedding, and then photographing the event!  Patchie is going to be my second shooter... her first wedding!  YAY!


I couldn't resist coloring some in!

If you plan to do this, here are the easy steps!

Get Picasa and download it.  It's free, easy to use, and really useful!

1. Import your photos.

2. Convert them to black and white.

3. Open each photo (one at a time) using Picnik via Picasa.

4. Choose "edit", and scroll till you find "pencil sketch".

5. Play with the sliders until you get an effect you like.

6. Save to Picasa.  I save as a copy so I always have my original, in case I decide I don't like the way it turned out the first time later.

7. Export to folder to move off Picasa if you want.

8. Print and color!  Easy as pie!

Hope you had a happy Tuesday!  Our AC unit died, so I waited all morning for the AC guy to show up.  Of course he arrived when I was running out the door to work, so Doug stayed to answer questions (and make sure he doesn't steal anything, ha).

Hopefully when I get home I will have cooler air!!!

Has anyone else made a fun wedding activity booklet for attending children?  What did you do?

xo
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. What an awesome and sweet idea! >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, this is a good idea. Then they can be kept in a book afterwards! It's a really personal cute guest book idea, even.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a neat idea, don't think I've seen that before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the sweet comments! I hope it is received half so well by the kids for whom it is intended! :)

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes