Monday, May 13, 2013

May Showers

So I know the expression is that "April showers bring May flowers", but we actually have had the opposite here.  April was full of blooming trees & beautiful flowers sprouting all over our property.  Since May began, we've been having nearly daily thunderstorms!  But some showers are better than others.  Like baby showers.

Untitled

Look!  Squiggle dropped last week!  Getting close!!!

We had our baby shower the first weekend of May, & combined it with a housewarming (because it makes more sense to ask only one day of people's busy schedules).  It was a success!  So many people came by to wish us well, see the house, design a onesie, & eat some food.  It was a bit of a whirlwind.  We ran the event over a six hour timespan so people could drop in whenever they had time to (again, it is a crazy busy time of year).  It was a very fun day, but incredibly exhausting, too.  Check out the sugar baby on the cake... a friend of our made it!  She stands by the "it's a mold, not terribly impressive" point of view, while I stand by the "holy cow that sugar baby looks like an actual tiny baby & it's blowing my mind" perspective. 

Untitled
Untitled

Yesterday, I celebrated my first Mother's Day!  I got lots of cuddles & breakfast from Bear.  We had lunch with my parents & dinner with his & got to spend some time with both the moms in our lives, which was nice.  In between those meals, we had a maternity shoot at our house with Heather... I cannot wait to see how the photos all turned out!  I am really excited about a few of them!  When I have them, I will post some of my favorites.  Until then, I asked Bear to snap a sneak peek from a different angle, so I had something to post in the interim.  I think these are the images I have always wanted to immortalize my pregnancy.

Untitled

We are waiting on our delivery of Ruby Moon diaper detergent to wash all our lovely pre-loved cloth diapers!  My cousin brought down her entire stash from New York, so we added a significant amount of fluff to our growing collection!  I am very excited to get the nursery completely organized & efficient.  Bear & I have already brought in some of our childhood favorites to add some nostalgia & personality to the room.  I will have to get pictures of the space to share here when we are done.  I cannot believe that in ONE MONTH our "Squiggle" will finally be here!  I can't wait to introduce him or her to the world.

Untitled

What new beginnings are sprouting in your Spring season this year?

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of doing it with the open house!

    And I think the little sugar baby is mind blowing too! I've seen these a few times, though never in person, and I can never get over how realistic they are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. So fun! Thanks for sharing! Xo, M&K at brewedtogether.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is that precious little one doing?! =]

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes