Monday, March 14, 2011

Treasure Hunt

Finding interesting things on the Internet is one of my favorite pastimes.  I spend a lot of time online, updating my business site, uploading photos, checking my email, writing on this blog, and applying for potential jobs.  In between the work things, I check up on the blogs I follow via Bloglovin' (you can follow this one there, too!  Just click on the widget on the right sidebar).  When I have a slow day on there, I tend to visit my all-time favorite blogs and check out the sponsors and friends of the author.  Sometimes, I am disappointed, but often I am thrilled.  You will find the list of widgets on the right sidebar growing based on the blogs I fall in love with over time.

Anyway, it's all kinda like a treasure hunt.  I am looking for a blog that appeals to me and teaches me cool things, or has great images.  Some are individual people, others are small businesses.

Here are a few things that are big news in blogland right now:

Elsie's business, Red Velvet, has launched their first dress line!  I love the adorable cuts and fabrics, although I personally can't see how I could pull off any of the looks.  The bold details are really reminiscent of Elsie's paintings.  (Both photos from Elsie's blog)




Her sister, Emma, keeps a recipe blog.  I'm allergic to a lot of food, and just plain picky, so I like her blog's frequent recipe updates.  I can sift through the things I can't eat and find some real gems, like homemade Cheez-It type crackers.  I'm not sure why, but I never thought that those were something you could make at home.  Which is silly, I suppose.

Thin Mint Cookie Recipe!



A TON of people follow Design*Sponge, so I started to as well.  I like some of the posts a lot, but others are just not interesting to me.  If you decide to check them out, beware!  They post several times a day, so if you use a site like Bloglovin', expect your to-read list numbers to be fairly high.


On the home front, we have begun working on renovations on our kitchen!  It's so obnoxious to strip wallpaper trim from the top of the walls.  I can't wait until we have the wallpaper down, the new paint up, and the new wallpaper (cringe) up on the accent wall.  Then we can focus on ripping out the carpet, knocking down the wall, installing new flooring, cabinetry, plumbing, A REAL KITCHEN SINK, a dishwasher that is ATTACHED to plumbing, and all the other things most people take for granted in their kitchens.

I know I am still lame about posting pictures, I have been having serious issues with uploading my own pictures via blogger.  Not sure what that's about.  Will work out the kinks.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Notes