Monday, November 21, 2011

Muse: Meet Joel, Flickr's "Boy_Wonder"

I have been on Flickr for a couple years now, usually posting nothing awesome or artistic, just some every day snapshots and the like.  I really came to admire many other Flickr users, especially those with an artistic background (graphic designers and pen and paper artists) who brought a mystical feel to their imagery.

Enter Joel, Flickr alias "Boy_Wonder".  His work is saturated in whimsy, with fun plays on those Disney classics my generation grew up with.  I love his take on the world surrounding him, the fun and fancy, and sometimes the darkness.  He really inspires me to play with my art, to challenge the world as I can capture it with a simple click of the shutter, and take that image and make it more.

I hope you enjoy these images as much as I do, and I hope you click through the image to see their original stories; maybe check out the rest of his photo stream.  I promise you, the afternoon you'll lose drooling over the images will pay you back in kind for your time!

"Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower."
Thankful
Wait For Me On Platform 9 3/4
It's Harder Than It Looks
To Infinity And Beyond!
Under The Weather
Book of History
Keep Calm and Conjure a Patronus
Storm Chaser
M is for Muppet Mayhem
We'll Collect The Moments One By One, I Guess That's How The Future's Done

Happy magical muse Monday!

xo

EDIT (December 5)- You can find his BLOG HERE! He even has tutorials!  Score!
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I really like his stuff, he inspires me.
    I can't wait to emanate some of his work.

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes