Thursday, March 10, 2011

Liar, Liar Pants on Fire

I have the WORST time keeping promises to myself.  I can keep promises to other people, but not me.  I never went to the thrift store.  I sat home and worried about whether or not it would rain, and thought of ridiculous worst-case scenarios (ie. what if I get to the thrift store and a freak abducts me?  what if I can't get out of the parking lot and onto the main road safely because it's a bad intersection and it starts to rain and all the drivers freak out because there's weather things going on?  what if my windshield wiper that my Bear fixed isn't actually fixed and it rains and my wiper flies off my car and impales a pedestrian?).  Yeah.  That's me.  I'm so close to being a shut-in, Bear says.

Anyways, I think I was using it all as an excuse to stay in as it's been overcast here for days (and finally rained, poured, and literally turned to flooding here today).  When the weather sucks, I get depressed and unmotivated.

Bear didn't really have a lot of work today due to the lovely Biblical storm, and as we have no boat to go anywhere, we cleaned the house.  Which got us into the kitchen doing dishes.  Which made us PAINFULLY aware of how ridiculously un-kitchen-like our kitchen is.  It has carpet, a ugly paint job/wallpaper trim that's falling off, and next to no space for storage and/or movement.

So we waited for a parting of the waters and took off to Lowes.  We picked paint, a backsplash, flooring, cabinetry, hardware, and countertops all in one go.  So proud of Team Indecisive!  We made decisions!  I'm excited to see it all come together!  Maybe I'll have a nice home for that KitchenAid stand mixer I want to register for...

Well, I am leaving this post sans pictures at the moment again (lame, I know), as I have to go to bed so I can go to my NEW JOB IN THE MORNING!!!

Wish me luck!

While I am away, what are you interested in hearing me banter on about, or see in photos on here?  I'd love to hear from readers... apparently some of you are in Russia!  How cool is that?!?!  (How did you find me?!  Hope I don't bore you...)
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Notes