Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Patriotic Weekend

Here in the USA, last weekend was a holiday weekend as we celebrated the 4th of July.  I am not a very patriotic person, but I do enjoy the extra day off and the fact that I still get paid!

We took the opportunity to spend time with friends and family, and Patchie and I went to the Uncle Sam Jam in the National Harbor... and The Wailers were going to perform!  I was super stoked about that when I figured out what was going on!  Anyway, Saturday's shenanigans will be my Photobomb this week, so be sure to check back Friday to see some awesome photos from the National Harbor!


The rest of the weekend was kinda low key.  We went to a cast party at Patchie's Boy's house and slept in in the mornings, went shopping for food, and cleaned the house.  The ants this year have been INSANE and I am at a loss to find something that will finally kill them.  We have so many traps around the house for them, I bet we'll find some next Spring in the Big Clean because we definitely have lost track of where some of them are hidden!


On Monday my Mom came over since my Dad went to Michigan to visit my Opa and Oma (Opa's not doing too well, he is increasingly forgetful which may be dementia... and Oma had polio when she was young and they live on a huge farm, so Dad and his siblings are going to help out with what they can).  The in-laws made ribs, sweet corn bought from the Amish community, and pasta salad with veggies.  We all ate and talked and laughed and went through Tori and Doug's honeymoon photos and video, and family friends Phyllis and Joe went through the photos I took from the engagement as well as Ben and De's wedding album.  Later, we met up with Patchie and Her Boy at a local seafood/tiki bar for drinks and skipped stones on the water.  We had a pretty ridiculous thunderstorm and small rain showers all weekend, so we headed back to our house for wine and video games like the classy adults we are!  Tada!  Weekend in a nutshell!



How was your weekend?  Did you do anything special?  I'd love to hear about it! Keep tuned... I've been asked to write a guest blog post for a friend about subject matter I rarely get to write about!


PS- Look at the baby birds from the back porch!  They went from shy fuzzy cotton balls with beaks to miniature empire penguins in no time flat!

Have a happy Tuesday!

xo

PPS- Don't forget to enter Patchie's Giveaway!  Only three days left!  The lucky winner will be announced on FRIDAY!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Notes