Friday, August 5, 2011

Photobomb Friday: Love from the Darkroom

I miss having access to the darkroom whenever I wanted.  I miss the smell of chemicals in the air, the feeling of physically dodging and burning to make my photographs my art.  I do love the simplicity and instant gratification of digital photography, but my heart will forever belong to black and white self-developed photographs.

It's been a long time, but here's a sample of what I did in the darkroom while it was available to me...




 All of these were taken with my Canon AE-1 on B&W 35mm Illford film, and developed and printed in a darkroom.  Each scan represents hours of real work and effort.  And I miss it more than anything!

Is there any hobby you have that is harder to fulfill as technology pulls ahead?

Happy weekend!  xo










Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Notes