Friday, August 19, 2011

Photobomb Friday: Medieval Times

Last weekend, Bear and I attended dinner at Medieval Times with Patchie and her Boy and Pixie and her Beaux.  Pixie worked at MDRF with Patchie and currently works at Medieval Times... and is the cutest human being ever.  I seriously wish I could pop her into my pocket and take her out whenever I find a good place for some awesome photos and really need a model!  Ha!

Anyway, if you have never been to a Medieval Times before, the premise is this: you go to have a dinner which is set for everyone (although there is a vegetarian option).  You can get yourself some beer or wine or you can simply drink tea or soda.  You spend some time in the courtyard, where the royalty is available to take photos with you in front of a green screen, you can pull on a quick costume for photos in front of another green screen, and generally mill about shopping for knick-knacks and checking out suits of armor.  You are issued a crown upon admittance, and the colors on it indicate the section you are sitting in and the knight you are rooting for.  We were black and white this last visit, but when I went in high school I think we were blue.  Or maybe green.

You are ushered into the main arena by crown colors and seated.  Your squire arrives and tells you a bit about proper etiquette, eating with your hands (no silverware here!) and your entree.  He also tells you who is your knight's greatest enemy, the one knight your section will boo and hiss at every opportunity.  As you begin to eat, the story unfolds.  The story can be different (when I went in high school there was a wizard and the King's right-hand man wound up being the bad guy, but this time one of the knights was evil and there was no magician) but the realm always end up in peril, and there is always a joust.  This time around, our knight won!  It's always an exciting experience, and a ton of fun!

I took a ton of photos with my Olympus, but I am still getting used to the controls on her, so some of these didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped.  Anyways... enjoy!

Medieval Times
Medieval Times
Medieval Times
Medieval Times
Medieval Times
Medieval Times
Medieval Times
Medieval Times
Medieval Times
Medieval Times
Medieval Times
Medieval Times
Medieval Times

I am also trying to use my Flickr for all my photo hosting rather than going through Blogger, so if you click on the images, they should bring you to my Flickr account view.  I have almost used all the space allotted to me through the basic Blogger upload host, hence the change!  I am hoping in this way, I can upload even more photos of an event, and only pick my favorites to showcase here.  Then, if you want to see more, you can!  Win!

Have a wonderful weekend!

xo
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Ummmm, they deF did not have that green screen option when I experienced The TiMEs.

    Is green screen easier to photo-shop than white? I have been thinking of making one.

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes