Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Indiana- Part 1

It's been a while.  I don't blame you if you stopped reading this blog.  Heck, I have stopped reading it!  Well, writing.  Which is the same thing, kinda, since it is a surprise to me too what with the stream-of-conciousness writing thing.  Every sentence is new to me, too.

Anyway, I have a little catching up to do.  I have somehow at some time petered out on the whole 365 thing.  Which is irritating.  Because I thought THIS TIME I would manage to see the project through.  But that was not the case.  I will see if I can salvage it (part of the issue is I keep forgetting to clear my memory card and then I get all confused on the order once I import to the computer... my life is chaos).

We get married in a couple weeks.  The week after Christmas.  Some crazy lady inhabited my body for a while and convinced me this was totally doable.  No sweat.  Then, the crazy lady vacated and I am stuck with the panic.  Go figure.  If anyone sees her, let her know I dislike her enthusiasm for the near-impossible and do not appreciate her leaving me with all this insanity.  Thanks.

So, Indiana.  We went to see my brother's senior show with the Glee Club, which was awesome as anticipated.  Now I confess to the bit where I ignored the no photography bit thinking I had the camera on all manual settings so nobody would see any flash or anything so I was going to be a photo ninja.  But then this ninja forgot to check the telephoto lens which was on auto focus and shot out a really bright light that ninja couldn't see from behind the lens, whose focusing range was really far away.  Ninja was notified from people in seats in front of her that she was being obnoxious.  Ninja resigned as a ninja and shrunk into her seat for the remainder of the show, only venturing out to photograph the proceedings of the after-show senior send off.  So, to my brother, I apologize for the lack of photos from your last show.  Your sister is a failed ninja.

Anyway, those photos (or lack thereof) will be in a later post.  Today we talk bars.  Because we went to a couple, and it is enough to make me wish I lived in West Lafayette.  Their bars are awesome.  Ours, while I love the people there, are less awesome.

Anyway, we went to a couple bars I mentioned before.  First, on recommendation of my brother, we went to Harry's Chocolate Shop.  It was small and already kinda crowded for 11 in the morning, but we ordered a couple Colorado Root Beers and a basket of fries with Harry's Seasoning on them, which were all amazing.  Colorado Root Beer is basically vanilla vodka, root beer schnapps, a splash of Coke, a dsah of half-and-half and a bit of Baileys.  And delicious.

Harry's Chocolate Shop
Harry's Chocolate Shop
Harry's Chocolate Shop
Harry's Chocolate Shop
Harry's Chocolate Shop
Harry's Chocolate Shop
Harry's Chocolate Shop

Then, we went to Nine Irish Brothers, a pub we visited last time we were that way as well.  As always, the Guinness and Irish fare were stellar, and the atmosphere true pub quality!  There were even Irish Santas for the holiday season.  The whole family went by after the Saturday show and we all had a wonderful time!  It was fun catching up with my extended family from Michigan and seeing Bear get to know them a little better with every meeting.  We don't frequently see my relatives, since they are all far away.  Or maybe we're the ones who live far away.  Either way, we don't often see each other, and whenever we have a chance to share a meal and some conversation, we welcome the moment with open arms.

Nine Irish Brothers
Guinness
Opa
Mom and Bear
Great-Aunt and Aunt
Oma and Great-Aunt
Aunt and Dad
Nine Irish Brothers meal
family
The family at Nine Irish Brothers
Nine Irish Brothers
Nine Irish Brothers
Nine Irish Brothers
Nine Irish Brothers
Nine Irish Brothers
Shepard's Pie Potatoes
Bangers and Mash
Nine Irish Brothers

Well, that concludes the bar crawling bit of our two-day trip... and yes, we went through a twelve-hour one-way drive for a couple days, followed by twelve-hours home.  Phew!  We must love my brother or something.

I hope to post more about the trip soon.  Work is a little weird right now, with the holiday break coming up my hours are strange and there isn't really any downtime for internet doodling, so bear with me and my strange backwoods internets!

Ciao!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Notes