Friday, August 9, 2013

Life With Rue- A Month After Birth

I cannot believe that tomorrow our baby will be seven weeks old.  SEVEN WEEKS!  How did we get here already?  My mind is a whirlwind of activity.  I cannot quite process the last seven weeks, & I am realizing with a heavy heart that my maternity leave is drawing to an end, & I still have been unable to secure a daycare for Rue.  There are a lot of things to figure out logistically.  This is another one of those things you don't really consider during pregnancy.  Unless you are lucky enough to already be a stay-at-home, or have planned to become one, daycare spots are almost as competitive as colleges & nearly as costly.  The time between delivery & returning to work is not nearly enough to feel like your child is off to a good start, let alone to get all your ducks in a row for childcare in the first place.

But I digress.

The past month & a half (almost 2 months!) flew by.  I feel like just yesterday I was caressing my swollen belly, wondering if I would have a son or a daughter, imagining the moment they snuggled to my breast, when I would whisper their name into the whorl of their ear.  And then that happened with Rue, & somehow we are already several days, weeks, & pounds later.

Some of the highlights of the last few weeks have been the Big Latch On, our visit to Children's Hospital for our hip sonogram (normal!) followed by a little fun at the National Harbor, bath & shower time with Mama, meeting new faces as friends & family visit us, & leisurely sleepy days in between.

Rue August 2013-8
Rue August 2013-7
Rue August 2013-9
Rue August 2013-1
Rue August 2013-2
Rue August 2013-3
Rue first bath with Mama-1
Rue first bath with Mama-2
Rue first bath with Mama-4

Then we had our belated one month photo taken with our elephant friend for scale.  I couldn't pick which one I liked best, so I picked a few.  Rue surprised me & sat up from her boppy!  I keep forgetting how strong our baby is.  She wants to sit up on her own, & she came out of the womb able to hold up her head & look around.  She amazes me!

Rue One Month-3
Rue One Month-4
Rue One Month-7
Rue One Month-10

There are a few more photos over on my Flickr account, as well.  I also keep an ongoing phone photo & memo diary via VSCO's app website.  I love it, & welcome you to view that page as well!  It's a bit like my iPhonography Journal, but specific to mamahood.

I can't believe my little squish will be 2 months old in a week!  Where has the time gone?!?!


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Notes