Monday, August 12, 2013

Middle of the Night Memories

It's 4 AM.  I woke around 3 AM, after falling asleep around 1 AM, with a very uncomfortable little Rue fussing at me.

We've been dealing with the dreaded first fever, & I am running on an average 2-4 hours of sleep a night.  Sometimes, I have to think back to when I was carrying this little bundle & looking so forward to mamahood.  I have to think back before the fatigue, the breast-milk stained everything, the painful physical changes, the actual labor, the anxiety.  I have to remember the calm before the storm.

Our friend Heather gave me some beautiful images to help me remember the excitement.  The hope.  The anticipation.


Maternity Photos
Maternity Photos1
Maternity Photos2
Maternity Photos3
Maternity Photos4
Maternity Photos5
Maternity Photos6

Despite the sleeplessness, the stress, the moments of "will she ever stop crying?!?!"... it's all worth it!  I know I was born to be Rue's mama.  I have always wanted her, & I will always want her.

And now?  Here is hoping I get a little more sleep tonight!


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Notes