Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thursday Treats

So, clearly we've been up to some stuff in our kitchen.  I am a bit obsessed with the renovations.  It's all I do right now.  I wake up in the morning and begin painting.  I go to sleep at night and consider where my salt and pepper shaker collection will reside.  I anticipate where shelving for my elephant collections should go where cats won't get to them.  I dream about a fully functioning kitchen and baking cupcakes in a room with a real floor and counter space!

Anyway, here's a little of what we've been doing...


My Dad has been coming over to help Bear install the new flooring (it's not blue carpet!  Hooray!).  I've been painting cabinets to look like some fancy high end ones we saw and liked.  I am rather proud of how they are turning out, but you will have to wait for a great unveiling!

In the meantime, I want to take a moment to direct your attention to a couple locations on my blog.  On the right hand sidebar is a list of blogs I read, and I would recommend taking a moment to check some of them out!  There are so many creative, passionate people around the internet!  On the top bar, I have a tab entitled "Blogs I Love" which are blogs that had buttons I could grab to link back to them.  If you have a minute, check those out as well!  Some of them are the same blogs as ones I have listed to the right, but some are not.  All the blogs I follow have some truly unique voices!

A lot is going on in my life right now... but I am most excited about finally reaching one of my lifelong ambitions, and I can't wait to get in on that project... being in a band.  I have always wanted to front a band.  I was that kid jumping on the bed singing "No Doubt" into my hairbrush for a wild and crazy audience of stuffed animals.  I may still do that...  Anyway, I have been asked by a friend to start up a band and I am stoked!  We're both really super busy and it will probably be a while before anything comes of it... but I am so excited I can barely contain myself!

Well, be sure to stop by tomorrow... I have a ton of photos and a video for you!  Get pumped!!!
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Speaking of cupcakes, I found some AMAZING recipes yesterday and need an excuse to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe a functioning kitchen is a good excuse?!?!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes